3Para-GU

News:

Errors with downloading the Repo

LCpl Cammy · 220

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
  • For mine sweeping it's either your problem or not.
  • Awards EOD BAGDE For giving a huge chunk of money For giving a donation Staticline Marksman Badge
on: November 08, 2019, 13:36:06
So Im getting a bunch of server errors "Server Reply: 50 Opening data channel for file download from server of "mod" "
this applies to cup maps,cup core , cba , cfp and alive so in the current state im unable to load in with all the mods so i cannot join in on mission even if im available, tried deleting these mods and doing fresh downloads but no changes there, Im redownloading the steam workshop versions as a back up as im hoping to jump on for mission on sunday, Loop any ideas or anyone else?, I have had this issue with cba before but it hasnt affected my arma to the point i cant even launch it

[G-1-1] LCpl Cammy [3PARA-GU]
IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner
Works in Scottish Hospitality so alright sick of your sh*t

Offline Pte Tone

• 1 Section [G-1-1]
  • Awards For giving a donation
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 13:55:39
I get the same issues most of the time with repo syncs - from memory it's always with *.bsign files. What I do is download the problem files from the repo server using Filezilla which seems to sort it (although I think it also reports an issue but does download them). Hope that helps mate.

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
  • Awards EOD BAGDE For giving a huge chunk of money For giving a donation Staticline Marksman Badge
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 13:57:17
I get the same issues most of the time with repo syncs - from memory it's always with *.bsign files. What I do is download the problem files from the repo server using Filezilla which seems to sort it (although I think it also reports an issue but does download them). Hope that helps mate.

hmm good idea , ill try that later on once im back home see if that inproves it

IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner

Offline Lt Loop

• Officers
  • HQ.Luck is for the unprepared!
  • Awards Dedicated longtime member Staticline Marksman Badge SCBC
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 18:55:30
Hmmm

]

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 00:53:20
So it is just BISIGN file the error pops up on the filezilla way is a decent fix good shout there tone but loop any idea why i kept on getting this and any others got this at any point?

IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner

Offline Lt Loop

• Officers
  • HQ.Luck is for the unprepared!
  • Awards Dedicated longtime member Staticline Marksman Badge SCBC
Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 07:04:46
Not Really.

I everybody got it,  it wot be a server error but so fare its only tone and you..

]

Offline Sgt Bill

• Army Air Corps [G-3-X]
Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 14:19:21
I have this issue pretty much every repo update, the easiest way to fix it I have found, is get someone with files that are not showing up as errors to send the exact bisign files to you and you manually replace them. Works every time

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 16:22:10
I have this issue pretty much every repo update, the easiest way to fix it I have found, is get someone with files that are not showing up as errors to send the exact bisign files to you and you manually replace them. Works every time
That's what I've done through filezilla but I think we need to try figure out what is causing this issue

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 16:59:56
So after a quick look around ftp errors this one most likely is due to the server expecting a SFTP connection but receives a FTP one so arma3 sync doesn't handle this well and creates a blank file, filezilla and other FTP file transfer programs seem to handle this fine, unsure but maybe a possible solution to fix this is to add a username and password to the repo connection?

IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner

Offline Pte Tone

• 1 Section [G-1-1]
Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 17:29:15
Not sure how that will help Cammy, looks like there isn't any support for anything other than vanilla FTP on the server (no TLS or SFTP), adding a password will just mean you're sending those credentials in the clear?

Offline LCpl Cammy

• Lance Corporals
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 17:46:55
Not sure how that will help Cammy, looks like there isn't any support for anything other than vanilla FTP on the server (no TLS or SFTP), adding a password will just mean you're sending those credentials in the clear?
Ahh bugger if there is no support for it we might be stuck with this, if so im sure I could make a quick guide for fixing these errors when I get a few days off

IDF & EOD Instructor
1SEC GPMG Gunner

Offline Pte Tone

• 1 Section [G-1-1]
Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 18:00:50
There is support for sftp on the server actually but not sure how that would help. Wierd that it doesn't affect everyone and doesn't affect all the *.bisign files.  I found a forum post somewhere where the Arma3Sync developer suggested limiting the number connections and/or setting the connection and read timeouts to zero but these didn't make any difference for me.