• DONATIONS ARE OPEN FOR ALL 
    THX IN ADVANCED FOR YOUR SUPPORT

CLICK HERE TO DONATE
  • UPDATE ON REPO AND JOINT OPS REPO

VR though my phone (poor man's VR)

Cpl Cammy · 200

Offline Cpl Cammy

• Fire Support Group [G-2-X]
  • For mine sweeping it's either your problem or not.
  • Awards EOD BAGDE Staticline Marksman Badge
on: March 30, 2019, 22:31:18
So im setting up this for fun and thought I'll put up what I've done incase anyone is interested in this

So I have a gear VR with my phone samsung s10+ (if your phone has a screen smaller than 6" can get any cheaper headset) prior to the oculous go headsets you could easily set up the phone in Google cardboard but now it's a bit tricky

1st method is to use the oculous interface and get phonecast to use steam link, this it the least hassle solution and the one I'm using just now big positive of this method is you are completely wireless with a very small input lag and you can use a pair of headphones from your phone or from your PC either way works

2nd method is using trinus an app on your phone and PC, this can be set up tethed by USB or by local WiFi (5GHz channel recommended) this can be set up a lot more with the headset acting like TrackIR or simply moving the cursor and quite a bit more but the app for the phone costs £7.49 but there is a free version which is time locked for 10 mins, so enough to set it up and see if it does work for you
I'm still getting this one set up so will update when it's working

I'll be using this for games like arma, project cars, f1 2019 and a few others like maybe metro exodus and fallout NV and maybe even destiny 2

[G-2-0] Cpl Cammy [3PARA-GU]
IDF & EOD Instructor
FSG 2IC
Media Group Leader
Works in Scottish Hospitality so alright sick of your sh*t