News:

What i'm up to in Sea of Thieves

LCpl Qacino · 4225

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
  • He protec, he attac, he quack
on: June 27, 2018, 10:03:30
Sorry for the shameless topic title steal :p

But needed to post the following story somewhere and really wanna share it with ya all.
Last night might have been the greatest night in gaming i've had in a LONGGG while..

Nightwolf, Xippy, Lego and myself were skullhopping last night ( most of us know the first 2 guys as wel as they jump on TS from time to time ).
We managed to do 3 skull forts with the bit of pvp which comes with it. So far for weeks we haven't lost a SINGLE battle as long as us four are online.

Arround 23:30 we were on our way to do our last skull fort on a new server.
On our broadside, we managed to spot another galleon sailing parallell with us towards the skull fort. Not a problem as we've sank many in the past. As we're approaching the fort, I spy another two galleons with my spyglas who were already fighting at the fort.

What followed was a epic HUGEEEEEEEEEE pvp battle with 4 galleons with full crews. Non of em were newbies as every crew had at least one pirate legend with em as wel (par us :p).
We managed to sink 5-6 galleons. And the amount of pirates i've killed is arround de 20-25.
In the whole engagement we only sank once (and that was when 2 of us were on the island)

When all the galleons were fighting, Lego and I shot ourselves at the fort and were clearing the skeletons so get the key ASAP. Our plan was to swim together towards the nearest island and hide the key there. All of the enemy galleons were hearing our gunshots and also send some of their crew at the island.
What happend next was most of the galleons only had 2 people crews and everyone else were pvping on the island.
After a LONG while Lego and I came out as victor. The captain spawned and we managed to kill it and run with the key. We swam for 15 minutes towards the nearest island while avoiding the galleons and sharks in the water.

After this, two of the galleons diden't come back when they died and they gave up. After this, there was one galleon left camping the fort. TO get our precious booty we would need to sink this persistant f*cker ... So after another 20-30min of close galleon combat, we did managed to sink them. Us boarding them and stealing their supplies every time we went over was the tipping point, I did eat 30 banana's below deck and stole their cannon balls as we were completly out ( shot over 120-150 balls).

Luckly I managed to film this whole encounter :D
Will upload it when i'm back home. Most of the talking is done in dutch thou because of the close and constant communication was needed during the whole encounter :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:09:06 by Pte Qacino »

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale" - General Iroh

- ITC Lead Instructor
- (ex ) Dedicated marksman

Offline Da Capin

• EX Members
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:00:39
haha, it's a shame you never play it with any 3para members as a couple of us still want to play but most have stopped sadly so only choice is going solo and games not as fun in solo

1Sec - Arguere Ad Victoriam / Charge, To Victory

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:50:26
If "some" want to play, you guys can still duo or group up ?
9/10 We are already full with 4/4. Will remind myself to shout out if there is room ^^

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale" - General Iroh

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline Da Capin

• EX Members
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 15:04:27
 :-*

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 13:34:26

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline Pte Grif [RES]

• Reserves
Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 14:19:38
Always open to play, but rarely anyone to join :)

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 14:35:16
Capin + Grif is a full sloop already :p
Like I said, i'll ask you guys to join now as soon as there is room.
In a few weeks we'll get the brigandine ship which is a 2-3 manned ship. Makes it easier ^^

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline Pte Grif [RES]

• Reserves
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 17:05:36
Yes, Quack. Capin and I would be a full sloop, but having both of us on and playing the same game is difficult at times ;) At least we don't jump into the channel, mute mic and go Discord ;) :*

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 18:48:55
Just doing that because its a full crew.
Would rather have me not show my face for a whole week and only on sundays?
Same can be said as most of ya'll are in other games

Will remember your remarkable observation skills
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 18:55:30 by Pte Qacino »

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline Da Capin

• EX Members
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 22:27:03
Keep it clean!!! We all know how easy it is for misunderstandings to happen on forums and arguments to start  :040:

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 08:49:15
^
Talked to Grif about the above, has been cleared out  :-*

As for yesterday , Myself Nightwolf played with Gego & Grif
Happy you guys got the beter taste of pvp and wanted more.  :)

This sums up what happend yesterday

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/8vevak/when_you_spot_a_ship_at_the_island_you_need_to_go/

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 14:01:39
New patch

https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes

"Rock the Boat - Upon impact, cannonballs now apply a rocking effect to ships."
This is hugeeeeee :D

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 00:06:38
Since todays"Xbox inside stream" , all excisting SoT players can invite 3 friends to try it for free till 13/02.
Anyone wants a code to try this ? ^-^

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 13:53:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRbTaMStHIM

SHOOSHOO GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

- ITC Lead Instructor

Offline LCpl Qacino

• 2 Section [G-1-2]
Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 18:35:17

- ITC Lead Instructor